Sunday, 12 October 2014

My Guide to Shiny Hair: Part 1

Hi guys,

So, today I thought I would talk about some of the tips and tricks I use to help get shiny hair. However, I have quite a few so I'm splitting this up into a series for all you beautygeeks!


1) Water! Water! Water!


I know it's cliché, but drinking lots of water really does help you to get shiny hair. Not only is water good to wash out all the toxins in your body, but it helps to moisturise your hair as well!

I know it's hard to put down fizzy drinks (trust me, I struggle too) so just try to switch out 5-8 of your drinks in a day for a glass of water.


2) Don't wash your hair every single day!

And I know what you're going to say..."But my hair gets greasy if I don't wash it every day."

Ok, maybe it does. But, how long have you been washing it every day? A few months? A year? Maybe more?

If that's so, there's a good chance you have been stripping your hair of it's natural oils that prevents it from getting greasy. Also, washing your hair every day can makes the end of your hair very damaged and brittle.

My advice: Instead of washing it every day, wash it every other day. By doing this, you can train your hair to only need washing 3-4 times a week. Much better for your hair's health.

And before you start complaining that that doesn't get rid of the grease, use dry shampoo only if you really need it. Otherwise, put your hair up in a ponytail/bun until you next wash it.


3) Brush your hair at least twice a day.

I know this tip is just natural instinct for most of us, but believe me. There are people out there that only brush their hair once in the morning. Sometimes not even that.

So trust me when I say: BRUSH YOUR HAIR!

It is so important to do this. Especially before you have a bath or a shower as it helps to spread shampoo more easily/ evenly. I recommend the John Frieda straightening paddle brush for a sleek, shiny finish.

But try not to over-brush! As over-brushing can lead to damaging your hair, which is exactly what we're trying not to do!




With this in mind, your on the start of your journey to shiny, healthy, happy hair!

Good luck,

Molly x